CSP can seamlessly migrate your email and data to the cloud. Please contact us for more information about how we undertake this process or to request migration testimonials demonstrating the high standard of work we provide. Once you have migrated to Microsoft Azure / Office 365, there are a number of inclusive products that might be of interest to your organization:
- Microsoft Teams– powerful and intuitive collaboration and video-conferencing software which has now overtaken Slack with approx. 13M daily users. This software will eventually replace Skype for Business which is scheduled for retirement end of July 2021
- Microsoft SharePoint– (see our portfolio page) which is used to securely house your company files, create funky and modern Intranet pages, and even create Extranet sites that are used to securely share data, calendars, and notes, with external partners and clients; Microsoft refers to this as Business to Business (B2B). Concerns around data sovereignty and storing company files oversears are no longer an issue as Microsoft data is now stored in Australia.
Perimeter vs Identity
Digital and cloud transformation are making the traditional perimeter-based network (Firewall, VPN etc) obsolete. Your employees and partners often need to collaborate and access organizational resources on the move, from virtually any device, without impacting productivity or putting company data at risk. The traditional IT perimeter around a fixed office network location is no longer suitable as we begin to enter a boundary-less and infrastructure-less era.
Instead, the security world is moving to an identity-based landscape – in plain English this means your business address email@example.com will be used to control what resources you can access and how these resources are available on the move — as well as only permitting approved/verifided devices.
Zero-Trust Philosophy – “never trust, always verify”
This is the core of our business and philosophy. We stated earlier that trust is a very important part of our ethos when it comes to building relationships. However, when it comes to a virtual entity like the internet full of unknown and potentially malicious actors– we take a far less Zen approach. The Zero Trust philosophy is fast becoming the industry standard when it comes to boundary-less cloud environments.
See Microsoft’s white paper for more information regarding Zero Trust. We want to verify identity – device – location and even data.
Real-world examples of this approach include the following;
- Securing your identity with additional layers like (Multi-factor authentication). Email address & password + SMS code or biometric key (Second-Factor). Discussed below.
- Geolocation-restrictions, locking down access to resources from only Australian IP addresses
- Ensuring cloud email and files are only accessible from known/trusted devices using conditional access
- Logging and monitoring security activity and utilizing machine-based learning with automatic responses to potential attacks
- Enabling Azure Information Protection (See our portfolio) to encrypt documents that Microsoft refers to as your ‘Crown Jewels’. These are highly confidential documents that once protected will remain encrypted even as they travel and cannot be opened without the correct login details/from a trusted company device.
Password-less – “81% of successful cyberattacks are due to a compromised username or password.”
Yes, we know it sounds too good to be true but this is the future, and Microsoft launched this capability for its cloud customers just last year. Once you are operating from a modern workplace and your computers are joined to the Microsoft Azure cloud, you and your staff can sign-in to any company workstation using a hardware security key (FIDO) instead of a password.
There are a variety of FIDO (Fast ID online) keys available on the market and this video will give you a short introduction to where this password-less world is heading.