The Modern Workplace is the technological equivalent of the hexagonal honeycomb. The reason a honeycomb emerges as a hexagon is simply because it’s the most efficient and economical shape found in nature. The Modern Workplace is another sweet spot; one where mobility, security, and productivity, can begin to harmonize. CSP can help shape your business and technology to become more like a hexagon. We are a global partner based in South Australia and help organizations all over the world.
If the following products and names are new to you please don’t worry. After just a few weeks of working with CSP we will have you feeling like Modern Workplace ninja’s!
The Modern Workplace, as defined by Microsoft, is Windows 10 plus Microsoft 365 cloud apps combined with zero-trust security. Microsoft 365 comes with the latest productivity tools, enabling users to work wherever they need to, while remaining in a secure and protected state. CSP combines this with Microsoft XDR (extended detection and response) along with Azure Sentinel. Microsoft’s intelligent detection and response system that can ingest and track security event logs across your entire eco-system.
Microsoft Defender for Endpoints, part of the XDR suite, is antivirus 2.0 otherwise known as Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and fundamental when shifting to an assume breach outlook. When configured correctly with automation and remediation, attack surface reduction rules, and even web content filtering, this system will help build peace of mind and dramatically reduce your attack surface area.
The modern workplace can include some or all of the following productivity and security products:
note: anything with XDR on the end relates to a Microsoft’s Extended Detection and Response product – these security tools protect your staff from adversaries (pre-breach) and detect malicious activity in the system using machine-learning, automation, and pro-active ‘hunting’ queries (post-breach).
- DLP (Data loss prevention) and retention policies
- Information Protection (encrypt your office documents)
- Bookings and Forms
- Microsoft Teams (Unified communication platform)
- Intune (Mobile Device Management) and MAM (Mobile Application Management i.e BYOD)
- Azure Activity Directory (directory for users, groups, devices and security permissions)
- SharePoint (store your files and create fancy intranet and extranet sites)
- Conditional Access (the holy grail of modern security for building zero trust)
- Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Defender for Office 365 (XDR)
- Defender for Endpoints (XDR)
- Defender for Identity (XDR)
- Defender for Microsoft 365 = unified portal for managing XDR
- Azure Sentinel